View Profile ZipZipper

26 Movie Reviews

Your uh company logo thing at the end was neat.

Wow! You took the idea of mini-people operating brain functions and made it your own by being extremely clever and updating it to a modern and mature audience. You utilized humor through different aspects, all centering on the common theme of inner-social turmoil. The cursing was injected evenly, moderated so that it was enough to be realistic but not so much that it took away from the real comedy. Her little airplane arms towards the end was cute. Overall, the content was funny, relatable, and scripted in a way that flowed nicely and wasn't so matter-of-fact. Great animation! I think everything really worked out here!

Thank you JaShinYa for committing to organizing this really funny and jam-packed flash and for the voice acting contests in general & thank you to FoxPirate715 who designed the animation in these flash awards at the last minute & thanks to RicePIrate who stepped in to help push this project through to the end, even though he really would have won if he participated HEHEHEHUH...two pirates...alright.

I think we all knew this was kind of a last minute idea, but it has to be one of the nicest things I've ever seen the NG community do. This can only mean the next one and the next one will be even greater now with this idea of animating an awards show, that's really very sweet and almost an incentive to really want to participate in the voice acting contests so that you can get a chance on the awards show hahahaha! I'm really surprised I got what I did and am very honored to have just been a part of this. Congratulations to the runner-ups and to everyone who participated! All of our exposure should now be magnified eleventy-billion times now, right?...*gets hit by bus*

JaShinYa responds:

Oh pshaw! I love the VA community and I want to do right by those of you who put so much work into this. The contest would be nothing without all of you! Congrats Zippy!

7 Game Reviews

I know you based pieces of this game semi-autobiographically, but the dialogue you used with your parents was very realistic, mainly how tiger parents love to turn everything you say against you so that it sounds like everything is your fault. It's really tough arguing with parents who are like that because you never win. However, you left and made your own life and you won, which is refreshing to see. Unfortunately, sometimes that's how it has to work between gays and their parents. And I personally can't imagine what that must feel like to willingly abandon your family in order to live your truest life. I luckily have adoptive parents who mostly accept me, but I have seen friends who have experienced the darkness of their own parents hating them unconditionally. Great job embodying that in this game. I hope it gets other hateful people to understand how destructive it feels to be alienated from the ones, like you said, who were supposed to be on your side.

The soundscape was definitely very relaxing, in contrast to the difficulty in getting around the spikes, which kind of defeated the purpose of it for me. Meandering in the parts before the jetpack were very mystical, but after that I started losing focus on the ambience and was mottled with frustration, which I guess does give this game challenge. The end was kinda anticlimactic, but at least balanced with how it began. Overall, I thought it was pretty cool. Lovely use of sound effects in a soothing blueish world.

Checkpoints would have been nice, but perhaps that would have made this too easy? Centered on a currently trending model (another dimension), it's a concise platformer for the sake of platforming that has nit-picking obstacles you frustrate through in order to finish. But what made this different and caught my attention were the aesthetics. The music was a huge part of this, and an especially wonderful touch filtering the soundtrack when flipping to the other dimension. The other dimension itself had a great ambience in terms of appearance and sound. Overall, a professional work that had smooth graphics, was a little glitchy, and had good character. A fine game befit for this spooky season. Nice work!

And I also thought the Devil was sexy.

286 Audio Reviews

Awwwww yaaaas! This some quality house being posted here and not two unmixed loops. Melody is catchy and clashes well with the bassline, which I sorta wish had more to itself once hearing it solo at the end. Typical musical structure, but you made very good use of it. My only pickiness is that I think the reverb on your mix is a bit too extra and high-heavy. If it were any wetter, all your instruments would really just be a water pile, but it's not-as-present enough that it just sounds like the genre. I can also tell it's a problem by it suddenly being cut off at the end. Other than that, great work here!

LuminX responds:

Hey man thanks so much :) Really means a lot that people take time to listen what I have to post - thank you <3

I'll keep your thoughts in mind as well, it did sound kinda messy near the end to be fair

I'm uhh...curious what kind of film this is for. It's pretty dry in terms of the production, which I think is a huge part of making rap instrumentals. If you're gonna start with something so bare in the beginning, a more heavily produced middle is a better contrast to that. Basically, the way you intro'd and outro'd was nice, but I don't think the meat of the piece justified its center. For me, reverb is a necessity, and I think that would help at the introduction of the synth pad and the tingly dingle arpeggiating at 00:36. Perhaps also pumping up the volume or velocity of the other synths during that section and fading that twangy bass pluck in the background so the melodic material can be heard better, especially once your main theme hits at 01:00. I also think adding some other ancillary instruments to thicken the sound would be great. Faint double basses are good behind any bass sound, and maybe a more legato or harsher sound for the main theme's synth since it's now just a short beep. Overall, I like your rhythmic choices with the drums and the filtering that adds atmosphere, especially at the end with the crinkle gargling static. Just needs...to be doubled with more sounds and balanced thereafter through effects like reverb or echo. Of course, I suppose it's okay not to go too crazy if there's gonna be a rapper overtop...

MysteriousPresence responds:

It's a movie about a character fighting against the movie director (me) : it's pretty metaphysical and philosophical and the movie director can be seen as God of course. =)

Thank you for going into the details friend, it is much appreciated !
I will take everything you pointed out into account for my upcoming work, especially for this OST.

Thanks again ! ^^

I think the most troubling aspect of this is how the acoustic soundfonts sound so dry; the piano and strings. The reverb that's hinted on the electric piano would've also worked on those other two elements. The initial drumkit could also benefit from that spaciness. But I like that freshly cheesey slide synth doubling the strings at 01:14, and then the connective tissues at 01:29 were great, but I think to really make that drop matter around 01:41 is when you should've done that halfstep key change. Not sure I really understand the echo of the beginning at 02:44 fading into oblivion...but I can sorta understand why you consider this experimental, at least to your own character. Keep on playing around! I like the experimenting implementions here.

My biggest dream is to write music for Cirque du Soleil.

26, Male